Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:37 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:05 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Ya, ya, ya. 15-20.....just make us all jealous. Can't wait to get there. I thought you might have gotten the chute as I saw on another forum you ripped one. Was that from the Fox?

Are you going with a snuffer or tramp launch? It seems a snuffer would be the way to go on a single hander. Have you taken two on the FX-1 and if so, how did she sail?

Hasta.....

Kip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:41 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

yeah it was on the Fox.....and yes I will go some type of snuffer system be it a mid pole or snuffer like I have on the Fox....I have had 2 on the FX and it sailed quite well even for me at 6-1 230.....in the usual conditions its fairly easy to take 2 people.....sat a couple of the guys and I had a few races,,,,,blowin 18-20 25 gusts.....3 ft seas.....I was on the Fox and we were really rollin right up to the time we flipped.downwind wild thingin it.....and as fast as we were going we flippped that fast .....didnt stuff it or anyting .....got the boat back up no problem,,,,except my crew wound up under the hull when it came back down and hit him on the head,,,,,had a really sore neck...so that ended the racing for the day.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:30 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have an FX One on the East coast. Also a Hobie 17 and 16. I'v raced the 17 for the past 4 years and currently racing the 16 this year. We have the 16 CC in Delaware this year and the worlds are close, Cancun, next year. So I'm sticking with the 16 for now.
The more I sail the FX One the more I like it. I sail it single handed with the trumpet snuffer. It is easy to sail and I'm learning to sail the spinnaker. Would love to see a class get started in this area. As for now I have to race in the open fleet on weekends when there are no points regattas, so I'm not getting alot of time on the boat. I have no experience with the I 17, but the FX One is well built and will be sailing comptetivly for a long time. Have been loaning it out to good sailors to race in the open fleet at Hobie regattas so it will have a permanet rating, now it had an estimate and I understand it has to participate in about 10 races for the rating to be established.
I know there is one for sale in Catsailor, located on Long Island, NY.