Thanks to all the people that called and emailed.
Why the hang couldn't you post some of them here! Arrgggh.
I must say after looking at a multitude of boats in the 16' to 17' range, the FX was the best choice.
Here are the "supporting points":
1. The F16s boost of wave-piercing bows; the FX had them first.
2. The weight range is higher than the F16s by 50-60 lbs but the weight is still at 300 lbs which is manageable on beach wheels. Heavier was not an option.
3. Hobie has parts information.
4. Hobie has parts information.
5. Hobie has parts information (did I repeat that... must be old age?)
6. The FX is designed for one-up and two-up.
7. The new mast-stepper
8. Daggerboards can be made suitable for shallower locations.
Wondering where all the FXer's are though. (I thought about taking the F16 versus FX argument to F16 forum, but figured without help it would be like the running of the bulls -- me, the runner; them, the bulls. F16 people are a serious lot)
The boat is pricey, yeah. But.
I assume all the FX'ers are so satisfied that they rarely have much to post. When you have found perfection, what is left to say?!
So, post, would ya.