Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:29 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I need to build a floating platform to keep my Hobie 14 out of the water. This will be next to my dock where I store the ski boat. I have plenty of floatation left over from when I rebuilt my boat dock. Does anyone have any plans, pictures, or ideas on how to do this? A couple long rails joined together to support the Hobie out of the water. I could tie this to the cleats on the dock. I have the Hobie on the trailer now but at some point want to leave it on a float at my dock. Thanks for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:48 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Ha, that's a weird idea, most people use the shore. You could have the dock angled and pull the boat onto the dock with a winch. or you could make the dock into three sections that are secured together under the waterline and sail the hulls in between these sections and over the top of winch straps. you could then tighten the straps and raise the boat out of the water. I hope these ideas help at all.

Post subject: out of the water
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:01 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I use four black poly dock floats bought second hand with a 2x6 wood frame the boat rests on the poly floats and they provide outstanding support boats are very easy to get on and off I built a small deck on the front for rigging i bought a small winch $10.00 to get boat up but really don't need it great idea proven design

A friend uses jet ski lifts that he bolted to his dock they use a wheel to lift up supports this cost about a grand but hobie is safe and out of water
Look in Overtons or West Marine

My kids hobie 14 just sits on our floating dock when we need to use the dock we just tie a line to it and shove it into the water

Gary