Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:04 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Well, on our second time out with the new (used) boat today, the tramp gave out. Started to rip about 6" from the side rail towards the back and by the time we called it a day, it was about 3 feet long front to back. No way I can get a new one so I'll be looking for a cheap used one. Any one got any ideas where to find one?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:38 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

AZKick wrote:
Well, on our second time out with the new (used) boat today, the tramp gave out. Started to rip about 6" from the side rail towards the back and by the time we called it a day, it was about 3 feet long front to back. No way I can get a new one so I'll be looking for a cheap used one. Any one got any ideas where to find one?

Wow that really sucks. I hope mine holds up. I don't know where to find a used one, try the classifieds.

Truth is treason in the empire of lies.

Campaign for Liberty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:06 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Keep an eye on ebay. they show up on there every now and then

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:27 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

OUCH!!!

This happened to me and my dad, on my 16.. We had bought a new tramp, the old was in terrible shape... Well I thought that to get the new tramp on, it would better to have the mast out of the way, so we attempted to raise it. Walking on the middle lacing where we thought the most strenght would be..

The mast was half way up when the tramp completely gave way. My dad fell through and under the trailer!!! The mast came down, just barely clearing my moms Expidition, and the force ripped the mast off the step...

I was stadning at the front of the boat (Aft of the bridal, to get the forestay to attach it, when I say what happened I was very scared my dad broke something.. So went to run around and help him. Forgetting I was behind the bridal wires that where hanging down. They caught me just below the knees, and over I went into a nice face plant into the grass.

We both got up uninjured and resigned ourselves to rerivitting the mast base :shock:

On our second attampt to get the mast out of the way of our work area, we found out the shrouds where long enough that the mast could be set down on the grass beside the trailer.. :idea:

After everything was said and done, we both earned a couple of beers (Got to award stupidity somehow!)

Brent
2005 H-16 S#13566

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:43 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have a blue Hobie 14 tramp that I can sell you. [email protected]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:37 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

AZKick wrote:

in the mean time i suggest massive amounts of duct tape :D

hobie 16 with SUPER TURBO SAIL

Post subject: 14 tramp
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:10 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I still have the blue tramp for sale. The guy from Texas who wanted it didn't follow through, so if you need one, its already packed up and ready to ship.
[email protected]