Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: H14 Layout Drawings
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:10 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am refurbishing a H14 and have stripped the whole boat down to do this. I have taken dimensions and made drawings to ensure that I refit the parts in the correct place, specifically where fibreglass / gelcoat repairs have been done. My mast and boom have also been stolen (the scrap metal industry is 'booming' [pun intended] in my country) and because of the replacement cost over the value of the boat, I made my own dies to extrude a new mast and boom out of an aircraft grade aluminium.
My problem is that I cannot find blueprints for the correct layout of all the fittings of the boat (mast and hull), I have taken measurements at a local club but they do not seem consistant. Having gone to all the trouble to refurbish the boat, I would like to refit it as accurately as possible. Could anyone help me with such drawings?

Another question, I have seen articles on cutting out and fitting inspection holes/covers on the decks of each hull. Would this not affect the hull's strength? and if not how many can I fit per hull?

Post subject: Re: H14 Layout Drawings
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:02 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Even though this boat is no longer manufactured, I'm sure these are proprietary drawings held only by Hobie and have never or will never be released in the public domain. Measurements from other boats are probably the best you are going to do.