Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:07 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Well it is now officially to cold to go sailing without a wetsuit and seeing that I don't have one... no more sailing for me. The boat is in the garages with almost everything taken apart ready for painting. Also I have all the pieces that I need to build the wings that I plan to put on it. ( Plans on Beachcats.com) I am really excited about making my boat shine with the new wings and paint but I need some advice.

Next spring break I plan to head down to chorpus Christie and sail around inside the barrier island for a week. I have a few question, first of all how warm will it be mid March down there. If it is going to be to cold I will have to cancel my trip. Second of all, is there anyone who would want to sail around with me. My best friend who also sails a 14 can't go, so I will be alone. Last time that we did any distance sailing we had both boat and it was nice having both to carry gear. We had planned another trip between Chorpus and Galveston, but without the two of us I am just going to stay inside the barrier island and sail around there camping at night. if anyone wants to come sail around and just hang out for a few days that would be awesome. I know March is a long ways away but it is just and idea. Maybe we could get a group together and swap ideas of storage on the hobies.

Post subject: Come sail with us
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:43 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

If you have time on your way down, come sail with us at the Dike. Protected water and good wind. It should be warm enough it mid March unless we get a cold front. Check out our site. www.tcdyc.com

Doug Snell
Hobie 17
"Stress Free" #007