Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:58 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Its been a lot of years since I sailed my cat off the beach in Wildwood Crest. Wife's family is having a big reunion this summer in Wildwood and I'm bringing the H18. Thing is, I have found only one public ramp to launch from on the North end, but its behind a fixed bridge! According to the township, you cannot launch off the beach. Anyone have any leads on where to launch from on the island?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:50 am 
Site Rank - Captain

One of the locals might comment but I am not aware of any place that you can launch off the beach in the Wildwoods. The only exception is during the Division 11 Wildwood Hobie regatta in August see http://www.div11.hobieclass.com/.

There is off the beach Hobie sailing available at the south end of Stone Harbor. They have free parking and good beach access here but you might have to buy a daily beach badge. The local Hobie fleet also has a sailing beach in Town Bank on the bay side by the ferry, see http://mysite.verizon.net/HobieFleet443/.

Rich

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:25 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Rich,
yes, I am aware of the restriction of launching off the beach. Turns out our week there ends with the beginning of the Wildwoods Classis Cup Regatta Aug. 14, would like to sail before then. Stone harbor is closer than Town Bank though, will check that out. Any idea which group sails in Stone Harbor?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:39 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Chris
Stone Harbor is a good spot. The sailing is nice there and the parking is really convenient. There is no organized group there just a sailing beach. There is a permit required for seasonal storage but not for day use. I am not sure about short term overnight storage, you might want to check with Stone Harbor about that.

Rich

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:24 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Rich,
called Stone Harbor Borough, here is the deal-
They sell seasonal permits for $225 to leave the boat on the beach. This is the only purchase option, no daily, weekly or monthly permits.
You can sail off the beach daily for no charge, but must take the boat off the beach each night.
The parking lot is metered parking and no overnight parking or storage is allowed.

Thanks for the lead! I think this is my best option. I guess I need beach wheels.