Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:40 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

As I was just there a few weeks ago, I figure I would add it it the list. I had to make a last minute change from Sandy Point because the park was full and they were not admitting any additional people. It is basically the only other public option for launching in the area unless you want to use Tucker Street Boat Launch which is supposed to be for Annapolis residents only.

Truxtun Park is interesting because it is far up Spa Creek and there is a Drawbridge (6th street) that has to be raised for sailboats (only about a 17' clearance). Normally, you can find a good samaritan power boat which will give you a tow down the creek and through the bridge. If not, you better have a paddle. Once on the other side of the bridge, the wind picks up and you can generally sail out to the harbor by the Naval Academy and then the Bay from there. The launch is nice because there are 2 ramps and then there is a small beach where kayakers launch from to do rigging. To get to the beach from the ramp, you have to go around the dock, and so you probably need a paddle because the Harbor Master's Zodiac is always in the way.

It costs $8 for launch and parking. No storage.