Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:30 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a bit of a "project" 1980 H16 that I am trying to get ready for this season. The tramp does not have hiking straps, they have been removed/fallen off some time ago. I have seen a few other posts about installing gromets in the tramp for the hiking straps.

Has anyone ever done this? What is involved?

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:38 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I had a similar problem. My trampoline (on a 1977 H-16) was showing some stretch stress at the grommet points. I also am missing straps and the grommets that held the straps--worn/stetched out too. I doubled the amount of grommets across the whole tramp and am replacing the worn out ones that are the toe strap anchor points. Several of the grommets showed the beginnings of a tear along the axcess of pull. I sewed and glued a small, strong patch (from the underside) with a sewing awl, and re-grommeted the point. Grommet kits are available from Murray's Marine catalog and come with everything needed to set the rings. I have yet to put it all back together, but I think it is going to be the type of fix that will gain me a couple of years if not more...tramps are expensive! bones.