Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trampoline replacement
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 7:24 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi all. Can anyone give me the steps in replacing the trampoline on my H16. Do I need to unbolt the Side supports etc? I would like to tackle this on Wednesday 8-20-03. Any help appreciated!!

Thanks,

Joe

Post subject: Trampoline
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 1:08 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I might not be as experianced in trampoline replacement, but what I did is first untie the rope that holds the tramp together, you might have to cut it.
The back piece will pull out on either side of the cat. The Large sections can be pulled out to the front of the cat, and then to the sides.

The Skier
1973 H16

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:03 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I did mine last year... It doesn't matter how you get the original tramp out. Once the lacing roap has been cut / untied and un laced the tramp pieces will slide out .. Back piece pull it out towards either side. The main pieces start at the front of the boat pull out towards a side then pull to the stern... I got tired of the pulling and cut most of the tramp out...

On some boats you may find the trentec tramp clamps, little plastic pieces that prevent the tramp from pulling out of the aluminum extrusion. Save these for the new tramp...

Put you new tramp in big pieces first .. Start at the back (stern) use the port side tramp on the port side and the starbord side tramp on the starbord side. You can tell by putting the pieces on the ground and get the correct orientation. Feed from the stern forward. Next feed through the forward crossmember.. Do this for both sides then feed the back piece through the rear crossmember from one side or the other...

Next start lacing down the middle starting at the forward crossmember, connect the first two grommets, then use an over and under pattern (not like shoes) till you get to the back piece of tramp and tie off just to hold.
Then lace the back piece starting at one side or the other. fed the line through the rear casting tie a real not then start lacing the back till you get to the middle of the boat tie off just to hold. Do the same for the other side. Tighten middle lacing then back lacing until desired tension.
I worked from the bottom of the tramp starting forward then pulling each under lace until I reached the back. Same for back piece just start at the sides.. Tie off when finished. Best on under lace (it's less of a bump for knee to land on when jibbing)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 6:19 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks Harry! I will follow your instructions, and post my results when done.

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:56 am 
Authorized Hobie Dealer

Location: 315 N. Hwy 79 Panama City Beach, FL 32413 850-235-2281
You will need 50 feet of 1/4 rope for the lacing 20 feet for the middle and 2 15 foot pieces across the back. It helps if there are 2 people when installing the 2 larger pieces, one pulls while the other one feeds the tramp into the tramp track. A lubricant works well it is having a hard time, I normally just use a little liquid soap, any kind of lubricant will work just some will make more of a mess than others. As I look at what day it is I see you did this yesterday, hope everything went well and give me call if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Brad Stephens
www.sunjammers.com
[email protected]
850-235-2281
Authorized Hobie/Vanguard Dealer
Panama City Beach, FL