Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Basic FAQs about Kayaks
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

How watertight is my boat?
It is normal for any type of kayak to experience a small amount of seepage due to the installation of rivets, hatches, etc. Kayaks may take on a few cups of water while out paddling. If a kayak is taking on more than a small amount of water, check to make sure the drain plug is in, then check the rest of the boat for leaks. Silicone can be used to seal the rivets. If you have any questions, please call your dealer.

How should I store my kayak?
It is best to store your kayak upside down or standing on end. If hanging your kayak, do not support from the handles. Best supported by wide webbing straps and with the kayak upside down or on its side.

Is my boat repairable?
Hobie kayaks are very durable, however, on occasion they may need some minor repairs. Linear polyethylene is repairable. Check with your dealer concerning repairs for
your kayak.

Is my boat recyclable?
Hobie will recycle your boat when you are done with it. To recycle a Hobie Kayak, it must be cut up so it fits in a box with the following dimensions: may not exceed 130" for the length plus girth, and maximum 108" for the length. Ship the boat to: Hobie Cat 4925 Oceanside Blvd. Oceanside, CA 92056. It is our hope that no Hobie Kayak will ever end up in a landfill!

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)