Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sail Storage
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:21 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

So...managed to get a slip (and a lift) for my Getaway this summer. So much nicer to not have to trailer it around.

BUT...I've come up with a new problem. Now that I don't have to trailer the boat, I'm having to put the sail bag into my car every time I have to go sailing. It's a bit of a tight fit.

I'm trying to come up with a good way to store the mainsail on the boat without damaging it. I've considered trying to make a tarp into a type of a lean to, over one set of wing seats and under the other side...I could see this working, but it doesn't really give any security for the sail on this semi-public dock.

The other option I thought of is trying to make some kind of sail box. However, it would have to mount to the lift (as the dock isn't mine, and we aren't allowed to store stuff on the dock). I may try to fashion something out of PVC and mount it on the lift stands...but that would be quite heavy on just one side of the lift.

I'm open to other suggestions and what you have tried. I like not having a boom, but not having it makes it harder to store things on the boat.