Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:19 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Apparently there is not a plastic box on earth that is the right size for keeping EZ-loc rudders in. I wanted to bolt something to the trailer for storage and be ready to transport. Has anyone come up with something for this?
Any ideas for transporting rudders to avoid damage?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:58 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I suggest rigging up a rack on your roof so that they stick up in the air, one after the other. Then paint your car to look like a stegosaurus.

Sorry, not helpful.
I just throw mine in the sportscab area of my truck so I have never though seriously about it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:28 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Just converted to the new rudder system and wanted to take care of them so rather than leaving them attached all the time, I now remove them and place them in the storage box I bought from Lowes several years ago that's attached to my trailer. I wrap the rudders with foam and pack them inside along with my life jackets and other stuff. Only trick is dealing with the box lid which doesn't open up very far due to the crossbars.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:27 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I just kept the cardboard sleeves that they came with and put them in those after washing... store them on their sides leaning up against the garage and then lay them in the back of my truck for transport. Rudders and cardboard have stayed in great shape... as long as I remember to kick them up before retrieving on the trailer! ;)

https://sphotos-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/p480x480/1174423_10151835732237103_826139028_n.jpg?oh=fca2a0b4a87f8d75bca735d9a4055f47&oe=52322EA9