It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:07 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

cerebalballsy wrote:
drgatsea wrote:
Matt -

I picked up my new AI on Saturday. What a great little boat that is. For any of you who have not checked out the AI, give it a look. You will be pleasantly surprised at how many things you can do with that boat.

/quote]

Newbie sorry --- what's an AI?

thanks
CB

The AI is the Adventure Island. It has the Adventure Kayak hull with two amas's on the side, it looks like a very small trimaran. On top of that it has a decent sized mast and sail plan that kinda reminds me of something you would see on a windsurfer. Basically it tries to do both sail and peddle. It is a really cool idea, I don't think it would ever sail as fast as a cat or peddle as fast as the regular adventure but it could really be a cool boat for combining the two and I "think" that it is actually faster than the standard adventure because of the sail but when the wind dies I would not want to be the one moving it around by peddles but I could be wrong.

In my mind it looks like a guy could add some nets between the hull and the amas and end up with a small tri that could be a great distance boat. With all the in hull storage you could carry small stuff there and then put larger stuff on the netting. Hell, it might be a better weekend boat than any of that cats. But like I said, I have never even seen one and am in no way an expert. I have only been on one of Hobie's kayaks with the drive and it was really cool.

Matt, what do you have to add to a clueless cat sailor's description of a kayak.