Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:17 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Air was only 70ish wind was whipin at about 20 kts...Dad, sister and I went out in our shorty wetsuits....i wore my drytop with a hood...

we're screaming along everyone is on the windward wing seat..me at the rear...we're trying to keep the weight as far back as possible so we keep sliding back little by little.....untill poof im pushed right off the back of the boat while sailing at about 12kts or so...as im falling in im thinking this is going to be cold....real cold....the ocean is only about 55 right now....i hit th water and im still thinking cold real cold...i calm down a bit and realize its actually not cold at all....the bay had warmed up to about...hmm 68-70 that day and with my shorty wetsuit i was plenty warm...nice surprise

i watch dad quickly scrambling aroundhes intimidated because now hes in charge and im usually the one at the helm when things get nasty...he swings back but it too far downwind to get me on the first try...i see him gybe about 500 feet away...and over they go..now theyre in the drink trying to right the boat...im laying on my back wearing my jellow life jacket and yellow dry top...i feel like a fisherman whos been swept over....anywho i ended up staying in the water about 15 min I think..it seemed like awhile