The getaway seems perfect for what you are trying to do.
- very comfortable with wings. I can sail all afternoon without being tired.
- very stable, sails better flat, not good at flying hulls.
- fast. clearly not as fast at hobie 16, but not a pig by any mean.
- forward trampoline is great. It gives so much more space to walk around.
- easy to de-power. just furl the jib, and it will calm down instantly.
- cooler in hull. that's cool feature, buy mine get full of water, os something is wrong here.
- Very heavy for a 16ft.
- not good for trapezing. Only one trapeze, and not compatible with wings.
- does not go very close haul.
- Did I mention heavy ?
As a recreational family boat, and if you are more than 2 on the boat, it does the job pretty well, lots of space with both trampoline and wings. I would say as a boat for you raids, it is probably a boat to consider, especially because of all he trampoline real estate it has to offer.
As a sport boat, it can be disappointing, as it is not fun to get smoked by all the fiberglass boats sailing around you.