Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:51 am 
Site Rank - Captain

For those who have a trolling motor on their Wave...where do you position the battery on the Wave and how do you secure it so it does not move around while sailing? I need the motor to get me in and out of my marina.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:11 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

On page 37 of the catalog is the Cheata for the Club. Assume the battery is attached onto your choice of motor somewhere... Don't know of any other happy place on-board for it. The motor has to pivot out of the way somewhere after using it.

Because of cost and rigging worries, paddles won me out. The bigger issue is that most places to launch are for power boats, unfortunately. Like most, you check the Places to Sail thread or go to park info. Be nice if sailboaters ask louder for beaches to launch.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:47 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Torqeedo Motors makes a motor, Travel 401s which is ideal. It has the battery as part of the motor, sitting on top. That is the "one" to have. Jamestown Distributors has it for $1299.00 which is the least expensive available. That's much more expensive than a MinnKota. But they claim their battery will cruise for some 6 hours and last for 10 years. I suppose if one wants to play, one has to pay. I have a MinnKota but I hate having the battery in a case strapped to the rear beam. It isn't very secure and gets in the way. Check out the site at http://www.torqeedo.com.

Thanks for your reply.