Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:05 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I'm really looking to pick up a used Wave. If anyone knows of one in the area please let me know! Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:53 am 
Site Rank - Captain

You might try typing the following into Google Search:

hobie wave site:craigslist.org

This will pretty much give every Hobie Wave on Craigslist in the country in the first 4 or 5 pages. There aren't that many and they go fast. You can browse through them to see if any are near you and sound interesting.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Dave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:26 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks Dave,

Unfortunately I've already tried that and can't find any within a few states. Trying to find one within 3 hours or so if possible. Also looking for a 14/16 as well

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:22 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I may be selling my mint 2007 purchased late summer '07 with backrests, traveller kit, nice karavan trailer. Not 100%, need to speak to my son, to find out what his interest is in me keeping it. I just rarely get opportunity to use it now. Maybe looking to move to Hobie Mirage kayaks. I am in central Maine, so not too far, depending on what part of MA you are in. Let me know and I will keep you in the loop.

2007 Hobie Wave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:06 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

soursteezle wrote:
I'm really looking to pick up a used Wave. If anyone knows of one in the area please let me know! Thanks!

Hiyas
I bought my 2011 Wave from a local Sailing School. Yah it had the usual gross number on the bows but after a good check, this was a used boat with little wear. If you are familiar with doing a close check on the rivets that support the rigging and damage to the rudders and the rudder pins, you could end up with a $1500 discount on a basically lightly used boat. Check the sail for damage and negotiate the price (or take along a buddy who knows these boats inside out).
As the Hobie Island Sailyaks and the Wave Cat are not often for sale, you will need to move quickly or lose out.
You may also consider the 'Getaway' a much bigger boat but is still easy to sail and own...that is if you can find a used one.
Best wishes in your quest
Tri

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:03 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I know its a bit late for this year, but Longshore Sailing School in Westport, CT sells off their fleet of Waves and Getaways (as well as kayaks, lasers and SUPs) every fall. Pre-orders start in August. There might still be Waves available. Go http://www.longshoresailingschool.com/boatSaleshere for more info.

- JV

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:09 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I got a late 90's Wave with jib sail and a trailer for $2000. I live in Maine but visit mother in law in Springfield MA on occasion. Thanks Brian