Fellow Wave sailors and racers in general...I am a novice multi-hull sailor and a racing newbie. We have the Wine and Roses regatta coming up out here in Santa Barbara and I am thinking of entering, for the sake of meeting some Hobie people and having some competitive fun on my boat. I have a completely stock 2002 Hobie Wave Club, except for the trampoline. I've never raced a sailboat of any type before, but I did watch quite a bit of the America's cup last year
Anyway, here are my questions in no particular order:
1. Where is the best place to learn the rules of racing, in a simple format for the newbie?
2. What if anything will I need to do to my boat?
3. Do I need to join the HCANA? If I don't need to, should I?
4. I have an aftermarket trampoline on my boat. Am I out of luck or can I race for the fun of it anyway?
5. Any tuning tips?
6. Any sailing tips?
7. Should I forget the whole idea an just go watch?
Any help would be much appreciated!!