Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2015 Outback
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:57 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Well I'm glad to say I'm new member of the Hobie Club I finally bit the bullet and purchase a 2015 Outback . Yee haw . After many sleepless night of comparing the Outback to Slayer and Pro Angler I decided overall the Outback fit the bill better than the others . I can't wait to get it on the water for it's maiden voyage .

Post subject: Re: 2015 Outback
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:53 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I already have a question about the Hobies. Do they send the grommets for the fish finder with the kayak or do you buy them extra .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:04 am 
Site Admin

The Lowrance ready thru hull grommets are included in the owners manual packet. Also will be the fittings to attach the tranducer.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:50 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm trying to work this out with company I purchase my Outback from . I can only hope things turn out right .

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:45 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

they come in the owners packet you should have received with kayak. it will have the pieces to install the lowrance transducer and the rubber wire grommets that fit inside the thru hull connectors,

2014 ProAngler 14
2012 Sport
Oregon certified Fishing Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:08 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

mmiller wrote:
The Lowrance ready thru hull grommets are included in the owners manual packet. Also will be the fittings to attach the tranducer.

owners manual packet? I did not receive anything like that from my dealer. In fact, I specifically inquired about the thru hull grommets and I was told I had to purchase those seperately. It now makes me wonder what else I was supposed to have received with my new 2015 Outback.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:35 am 
Site Admin

Every boat ships with a sealed plastic bag including the Lowrance parts, scupper plugs, manual, parts catalog and warranty information.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:43 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

mmiller wrote:
Every boat ships with a sealed plastic bag including the Lowrance parts, scupper plugs, manual, parts catalog and warranty information.

Thanks for the info. I did not receive any of that so I will go back to the dealer and request it.

Thinking about it, perhaps it would be a good addition to the Hobie website for each kayak to have listed exactly what is included when you buy each particular model.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:27 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

c.wade wrote:

Thanks for the info. I did not receive any of that so I will go back to the dealer and request it.

Thinking about it, perhaps it would be a good addition to the Hobie website for each kayak to have listed exactly what is included when you buy each particular model.

All the parts which should be included with the kayak are shown in the owner's manual - to look at a copy online click here: http://static.hobiecat.com/digital_assets/mirage-kayak-manual-141125.pdf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:40 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Wow , That's some really good information . I didn't even receive my paddle with my kayak. Let alone the owners manual or grommets and scrubber plugs . I'm patiently waiting to receive them from the dealer , then I'm off for the maiden voyage .

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:01 am 
Site Rank - Captain

WOW!! How can the dealer not give the included items?? I guess it could be an oversight on occasion. I had a check off list that I signed of included things as well as the dealer check off.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:52 am 
Site Rank - Captain

JohnT2240 wrote:
Well I'm glad to say I'm new member of the Hobie Club I finally bit the bullet and purchase a 2015 Outback . Yee haw . After many sleepless night of comparing the Outback to Slayer and Pro Angler I decided overall the Outback fit the bill better than the others . I can't wait to get it on the water for it's maiden voyage .

Just bought Outback yesterday, joined forum this morning. Funny about those fittings, I noticed them in mine, I have some coming today for my Slayer 12, guess I don't need them now. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:30 am 
Site Rank - Captain

JohnT2240 wrote:

Hopefully you've made your maiden voyage by now. I took mine out to some small lakes Monday. I went to Kentucky Lake yesterday with my buddy who has a PA. The wind was pretty brisk and I'm happy I had the Mirage Drive kayak with me. I wasn't even considering replacing my Slayer, but got tired of keeping up with a PA, so I went to the local dealer to look. I figured, go look, not care for it, get it off my mind, right, I bought it on the spot. I can say I'm pleased with my purchase. I thought the Slayer was stable, this outback is amazing. I was getting ready to drop $300 on a rudder, so I saved that much. I was afraid I'd feel cramped after the open cockpit of the Slayer, but I didn't have any problems fishing out the Outback. I'm still mulling over how to rig it. Not really sure what I want to buy to mount my Helix 5, but I do know this-the transducer will be no problem, I bought a Humminbird adapter for Lowrance transducer system-SWEET system. I know I want a Geartrac on the rear to mount my Visipro light. I used a Might Mount with one screw in the rear hatch because we were out before sunup, temporary for now. Now to decide if I want Geartracs on the sides or I might go with the expanding mounts in the rod holders.