Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:10 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi,

New forum member here, and looking to buy a hobie kayak. I had a question that I was hoping a current Revo owner could help me answer. What is the width of the seating section at where your butt would actually touch the seat? I wear an insulin pump pack at my waist and wanted to see if it would interfere with it when sitting. Due to the fact I am currently out of the country I mostly will not be able to try a Revo before, I buy one and have it shipped to South America later this month.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:09 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I have a '07 Revo. The seat area width is 14-1/2" at the bottom and 19" at the top of the seating area. I would think your waist would be above the seating area and if your pump isn't below you belt it should work. But I leave that to you. I didn't measure the depth but it is around 8" or so but that is with out the seat. If you find you need a little more height for the pump you could get the iConfort seat. I used mine for the first time today and its wonderful. I put it on top of the existing seat and it does raise you up but you can remove the existing and replace it with the iConfort seat.

Hope this helps and happy peddling. I don't think you can go wrong with a Revolution if you are looking for a versatile kayak. I use mine for fishing, sailing and every thing else.

Bruce