Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:57 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:20 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just read this over there. http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com/commun ... hp?t=76372

"Due to the economic downturn, we have had no alternative but to close the store portion of KFS. We appreciate all of your support over the years and will appreciate and really need your support during this difficult time.

The forums, articles, blog, resources, and media sections will still be available for all to use and enjoy.

Looking forward to seeing all of you back on the water (after it thaws of course)"

There are a few measures we will need to take at least in the short-term in order to keep the forums alive. We ask for your patience, acceptance, and understanding in order for everyone to continue enjoying the community we've built together.

1) You may see a few more ads (I really mean just a few more. We promise no punch the monkey ads).
2) We will be setting up a banner that links to a website where you can show your support by purchasing KFS gear (shirts, hats, etc).
3) We will set up a donation link.
4) We will provide an opportunity for forum sponsorships.
5) We are also considering a paid area that will have premium content for those who really want to be in the know (We will need your positive feedback and not your criticism on the details of this).

Right now we can not speak to issues and/or items from the store but rest assured you are not ignored.

Please try to remember that with the store closing, many people lost what was dear to them as well. We ask that you respect Pat's wishes to be patient, positive, and supportive.

Again, the website is not going anywhere as long as we have your support. The only one that can kill this is the community itself.

Sincerely,

Pat and the Website Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:28 am 
Hobie Team Member

It is bad enough to lose the on-line store that helped many of us get properly outfitted back when we started out in this sport but it would be a real shame to lose all of those years of collective knowledge, experience, and guidance that are the meat and potatoes of the web site/forums.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:36 am 
Hobie Team Member

I heard there was alot of drama surrounding that whole deal...wish I knew the whole story summarized...I cant even understand what those guys are talking about on the KFS forums...I know there are a bunch of Hobie haters on there though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:44 am 
Site Admin

Same guys that pop up as "Hobie haters" seem to be the ones causing stress on the KFS site now. The were ready to bail on the KFS forums like rats jumping the ship. These guys can't even give the guys at KFS time to sort out what is happening to the store and forums. No patience and tons of negativity seem to be the go for some of those guys.

Summary...

KFS never came back from their Christmas break, within a day some people on the forums began to panic. It was like prianna attacking.

The store owners finally posted about the official store closing after a couple days.

The forum users are now trying to negotiate a way to take over the forums to keep that part going.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:56 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Sure thing Matt that some over there won't migrate over here. :lol: But that should be ok. Wonder if we'll have to look around to find out where they're complaining.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:38 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Actually, the mod trying to hold it together uses a Hobie. One of the loudest questioners of what was going on rides in a Hobie. I questioned them, I own a Hobie. So no, it is not a Hobie thing, it was an ownership thing, which appears to be sorting itself out. And yes, there is a certain grouip over there that seems to dislike Hobie's, Luna for sure, but at the same time, I've seen him tell someone that a Hobie is best for them.

I did, several months ago, question kfs why they allowed so much bashing of Hobie's on the site, as I felt it reflected poorly on their business, especially when they sold Hobie's at the store. I told them if it did not stop I would not use their store for purchases. The response that I got was from a forum mod, and not the store. Let's just say i had no orders in with kfs.

However, there is another site set up which is rapidly gaining members........ http://www.kayakfishinghole.com