Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:17 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have a newer 350S version and my transducer is shooting through the hull of my Pro Angler. I did a nice job with the marine goop mounting. However, after 3 times out with it and seeing all sorts of fish with the fish ID turned on (I hope they were fish) I turned the fish ID feature off to get a feel for what the fish arches look like. Trouble is, turning off fish ID gives me a really noisy looking display like there's a bunch of trashy particles in the water and I never see a fish arch. I even wonder how the fish ID worked with this much noise. Is there a reason this noise does not show with fish ID on ? (factory default). With all the settings there are to play with, can someone point me to the first thing to adjust in order to get this display looking clean with the arches mode?
Thanks,
Jack

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:07 am 
Hobie Team Member

I've never had your model, but you should be able to try a few things.
Just an FYI.....the "fish symbol" setting usually automatically sets alot of your other settings.....think it as a setting for newbs perhaps.

1. Try adjusting your sensitivity setting. Tune it to where you just make the majority of the noise disappear.
2. Make sure your are set for the salt of freshwater setting.
3. Make sure you didnt get any bubbles in your "glue" used on the transducer.
4. If it is dual beam transducer and you stay in shallower water, think about using only the most sensitive for your depth. One beam will also be much wider and may not be the most sensitive....so its a bit of a balance.

If you get your settings right, you may even be able to see thermoclines (temp changes) in the water column.
Keep in mind though that these settings wont be the same all year or even day to day sometimes.
Things change and the sensitivity will need to be constantly adjusted. Most of the other settings will be a standard though.

Basically, grab the manual, go through each page and set the defaults to your needs....in the process, you will see which settings will need to be toyed with more than others.

Good luck, and good fishing.

Don't lead me to temptation, I already know the way.
Syn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:24 am 
Site Rank - Captain

i have the 350. you need to adjust it. works great...

asp=off
ping (see page 70. describes your problem) default is 50. means pinging bottom.

sensitivity (80--100)

chart speed 20 for yak

if you mess up, restore to factory settings

i changed those settings except ping. but i was told by rep that pings helps in finding fish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:47 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks, I'll try these things out next time I'm on the water......hiding inside out of the heat right now in Arizona....even night fishing is hot!
Jack