Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Missouri Kayak Fishing
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 1:52 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello, I'm a proud owner of two PAs and noted most of the Hobie/ Hobie sponsored tournaments are on the coast :( .

I've fished Matlacha Pass and Fernandina Beach from my PAs, but that's a little too far to drive (from MO) for a weekend tournament. Does anyone know of any midwest "Hobie sponsored" tournaments? If not, does anyone know the process involved with getting something going? I'm thinking a two day tournament down at Table Rock Lake/ Taneycomo Lake. One day would be Bass/Crappie and the next Rainbow and Brown Trout.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:31 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I live in NW Arkansas and we are starting a small kayak fishing club here of about 5 guys. I'm Sure we would be interested in such a tourney.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:27 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

MB4859,

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I think we need to start pushing kayak fishing in the Midwest. Lots of diverse, high quality fishing opportunities, just not a lot of kayak fishing visibility!

I really enjoy fishing on the coast... just too far to drive other than once a year or so. It would be nice to see come competition going here!

Where do you usually fish in NW AR?

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:25 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I have been fishing Crappie tourneys from my Hobies for several years in N.Texas and kayaks are welcome. But,,,,, I have yet to find a single yakker to come fish the tourneys with me. There are several yakkers in our crappie club ( Crappie Anglers of Texas ) but they all go to power boats for the tourneys.

Since these are always team events and I have to pay for two people just to enter it has finally become too much burden to enjoy when added to gas and travel expenses..

We have a very large and active kayak fishing presence here in N Texas ( www.texaskayakfisherman.com has 400 members in the metroplex with probably half of the active in the DFW forum)

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

MOKayakAngler I call Beaver Lake my home lake. I used to live on it close to Hwy 412 bridge, the river end. I've also started fishing Lake Sequoyah a good bit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:14 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

A friend of mine and myself live in the Kansas City Area and are just getting started this year kayak fishing from Hobie Outbacks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:54 am 
Site Rank - Captain

You may want to check out Kayak Wars. It's a different type of tourney that you fish when ever you can and send in Pics of catches to be registered. No charges and fish where and when you want. Hobie is a sponsor of this tourney. Just get you a couple of friends and set a team up.

www.kayakwars.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:27 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey MB looks like me and my PA are moving to Fayetteville from California
(dont hold that aginst me) think I could look you up and show me the good fishing areas.