Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Revolution Rod Holders
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:34 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I found the Revolution, due to it's narrowness, a bit hard to rig for rod holders to be used while trolling. I fell back on the Ram tube type models, with my own modification.

Sorry for the shop clutter - I have a lot of junk in there. Here's the boat from the front showing the two holders with rods in place:

Here's a close up of the holder and the mods involved - I get a lot more available positions with this set-up. Note the adjustment screw to lock the new tube in place at any length or orientation:

Finally, note the small rubber water inlet just under the rod holder in this shot - a capful of water is poured in here which then travels down a tube and into the transducer mount, filling in any air spaces between the transducer and hull. I can do it all from my seat:

Just some ideas some of you out there might be able to use.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:25 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

AHHHHH, an M-715....that's more precious than that freakin' Revo :) Sorry, HUGE FAN of old military trucks. My family has 3 M35A2s, an M36A2, an M292, and an M818 Dump....Love those multi fuels....haven't paid for gas in a month....just recycle oil.

Sorry to jack the thread but that got my heart all pitter patter :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:41 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I've owned 5 of them dating back to 1984. This one only has 26,000 miles on it and remains completely original and operational.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:31 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Very cool indeed. Are you a member of Steel Soldiers or anything? Owned 5 huh....I have yet to own 1 :( Had a chance a while back but the deal went through before I could get to Vegas where it was.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:52 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

No, just something I caught onto while I was working for Jeep Corporation back in the early 1980's. Trouble is, these things aren't really practical for much these days, other than just having them for the sake of having/collecting them.

An M715 would be a great kayak hauler, as long as you don't need to travel more than about 55MPH and have a good set of ear plugs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:19 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The same could be said for an M35 :) Would make a good rig, if you loaded another $10,000 into it to silence it a bit :) But, can't beat the price of $0.00 per gallon for fuel when you run WMO in it :) And, as I'm sure your M715 is, it's a head turner :D