New to kayaking. Have been doing a lot of research, and I'm leaning toward the Hobie Mirage peddle-drive kayaks.
- 6', 220 lbs.
- Also have a brother about the same height, 250 lbs., hoping the boat I buy would fit us both (but still want a 'single' kayak).
What I want to do:
- crab (with a few traps)
Locations where I'll be doing this:
- Choptank River (MD, off of Chesapeake Bay)
- Blackwater wildlife refuge (same general area, but more protected than the Choptank)
The kayaks I've considered:
- Hobie Mirage Outback Fishing Kayak (I think some fisherman's name is used as a testimonial; can't remember it)
- Hobie Adventure (fishing model)
Am I even in the ballpark, as far as kayaks go, for what I want to do, and where I want to do it?
I am thinking that storage space would be important, but since I've never owned or used a kayak, this is a guess at this point. I am thinking that I want the kayak to be good at fishing on a river that could get rough, but be suitable enough to just buzz around, sightsee, and take pictures.
Anyone have advice as to which kayak would be better suited for this? Or maybe others, that I haven't even considered?