Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:53 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey folks new to this forum....im currently waiting on a Hobie Outback that i ordered and while from my research the outback seemed to be the best fit for me im still having an internal dilemma...i like the pa 14 but i thought thats just too much in fact i thought as nice as it is it seems more like a boat to me than a yak lol...but i debated between the two models the outback and pa for weeks...did research online read users reviews etc. so im sorry for making a short story long i just thought i would ask this question on a forum with users of both kayaks: if any of you were in my shoes and bought the outback instead of the pa do you now regret not buying pa?? or vice versa if you bought the pa do wish you would have gone with the outback??? just curious what everyone elses thoughts are on it?? any input is greatly appreaciated :)

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:38 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi Carneasada, I can't really say too much about the PA but I do fish out of an Outback. They are a great fishing yak with heaps of mounting and rigging options, are exceptionally stable and dry, (except when peddling into a wind chop when they tend to kick up a bit of spray). I have just had a great day fishing in mine, dragged it back up the beach and up a small bank on the trolley and bought it home on the car roof. I am sure the PA has great features too. However get out there and enjoy the Outback for what it is and don't stress about what it isn't.
When I'm out on the water I rarely think about replacing my yak I'm too busy enjoying myself, its only when I'm sitting in front of the computer screen or down at the kayak shop that I think about upgrading - go figure :)

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:51 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

My PA14 is my first kayak, and I have no thoughts whatever about "downgrading" to a different craft. I'm 65, no muscleman, and I have no problem getting my PA up slopes and onto my Dodge Durango. The only modification I plan is to raise the seat about four inches to make it easier to stand up and to better align my legs with the pedals. (That will also add some significant storage space under the seat!)

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:18 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

both of you gentlemen make good points...and yeah i think i will enjoy the outback for what it is...thanks for both of your inputs!!