Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:10 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Has Hobie tried using mast material on the Adventure to mount an electronics platform?

I have not found the right mix of materials to do it myself, but working on it.

With the Mirage Drive, placing the fishfinder and GPS is not an obvious answer. The sailing kit mast hole is placed very well to provide a pillar for a horizontal platform like the Scotty Mounting Bar.

If anyone is playing with this idea, please share.

What is the mast made of?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:40 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Kbarley6, I too.. am looking for a solution to mount a FF & a Scotty rod holder on my OB. I've thought about it many times.. but can't seem to come up with anything good. I've about resigned to fact that it will probably end up being on the front right hand side past the rod holder that is molded in. :)

I was thinking of using very small pc of pvc to mount it in the sail opening. I do not have a sail yet.. so I do not know what the pole is made of but I would think the pvc would work attached with maybe a pc of plastic cutting board or plexiglass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:50 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey SheYak...yes, 1/2" PVC fits nicely inside the hole for the sail mount. You could use the thicker walled schedule 40 pipe and have a nice sturdy base...perhaps topped with a fitting to give you a better mounting platform...maybe a T or I've even seen a Y type fitting that may work. A trip to the Home Despot may be in your future. :lol: Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:53 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks Ganiom! I've been working on something else to hold rods.. so haven't done anything about the front part of the yak. lol With making everything.. I've been living at Home Depot.. laffin. I have more pcs of pvc in my apt.. almost look like a plumber. haha I go to sleep thinking about my outback and what I'm going to do next. :lol: