Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 7:46 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I finally got around to completing my scupper kit and DSI install on Friday. Mother Nature has not been kind the last couple of months here. Too much rain and not enough free time had delayed this long enough, so this past Friday I spent the morning completing the install.

Couple of lessons learned....

1. Kayaks with smaller scuppers may not want to use this kit unless you are comfortable modifying factory brackets.
2. Something always goes unplanned or unexpected during the install. Don't let that perturb or hinder your goal.
3. Don't compromise your installation plan for the sake of getting it installed. Remember, holes are relatively permanent but designing and re-designing only take time and thoughts.

Lowrance Scupper Kit and DSI Installation

Enjoy - let me know if you have any questions!

PowerTeam Lures - deadly on bass!!! use promo code "HANOVER" at checkout for a 15% discount

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 11:42 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Clean install, looks great.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:20 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi,I just purchased the Lowrance elite 4x dsi and was looking at installing it on my revolution 13.5 with the scupper mount transducer. But upon reviewing the bottom of my kayak it appears the transducer isnt protected by a deeper keel,it will be exposed. The lowrance video shows it installed on a kayak with scupper holes nearer the back of the kayak ,my revolution only has the 2 holes in back of the seat.I feel the transducer wont be protected by a keel at all.So is the kayak scupper hole transducer mount permanent or can it be removed each time I launch. Or is there another system to use ie: a shoot through the hull of my kayak or something. Some herlp in this matter will be greatly appreiated. Thanks for your time and patience!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:59 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

As I tried to accurately convey in my installation how-to on my blog, the write up indicates that the provided install adapters place the transducer significantly lower with the current version of kit. I understand from discussions with a guide that works with Lowrance that a new version is in the works to help alleviate this very concern. I modified my lower bracket to recess into my scupper hole and have as close to a flush install as possible.

With that said, you can remove it after installation if need be, but if that is your concern, perhaps a Mad Frog Liberator might be a more suitable alternative or a through hull install.

PowerTeam Lures - deadly on bass!!! use promo code "HANOVER" at checkout for a 15% discount