Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:18 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi all, this is my first post on here as I just bought my Outback a couple weeks ago.

Just wanted to say that I installed my Elite 4 DSI transducer using one of the seat scuppers as opposed to one of the larger scuppers behind the seat. I don't know if I've seen or read anybody using the seat scuppers yet (although I know plenty of people must have).

The reason behind this was to allow for the use of the cart and the livewell...using one of the rear scupper holes would negate this as far as I can tell.

The install was done using the Lowrance kit that everybody else uses. I chose to use the starboard seat scupper hole.

The only extra modifications needed were to:
A) widen the top of the seat scupper hole with what was I believe (been a couple weeks) a 3/4 in spade bit so that the transducer connector would fit through the top.
B) I also drilled a 3/4 inch hole next to the plastic Lowrance cap to feed the connector back into the hull. The hole was filled with a grommet and Marine Goop. I wrapped the portion of the wires that pass through the grommet in electrical tape to lessen the gap between the "conduit" and the grommet (less Goop needed).

Just thought I'd share as an extra install option. Like I said, this option allows the use of the cart and livewell without compromising the transducer install (looks identical underneath the hull to the rear scupper installs I've seen).

If anyone is wondering, the Lowrance cap and feeder wire are not noticeable to me when seated. I'll put pics on here after the post is approved (first post).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:30 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:05 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hutch wrote:

True :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:20 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Sorry no pics yet. Have been waiting for the Large fishfinder Install kit I ordered a month ago to arrive (backordered by the vendor...C'Mon Hobie--get the damn them to them!) before I upload pics.

But like I said, the XDCR has been installed for a while now and that was the topic of my post. I figured you could get the gist of the install from my detailed description.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:48 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have an Oasis and just installed a Lowrance 5 DSI. I ordered the scupper xdcr install kit but the width was way too wide. Here is how I explain how I did the install. http://youtu.be/NEPDQiuSiYU