Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Wed May 04, 2016 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:30 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have an Oasis fully rigged for fishing and crabbing on the Oregon Coast:

but I have been exploring using my new i11s as a different fishing platform, just completed the final rigging and took it out yesterday near the Coos Bay bar.

it performed extremely well, I was out 8 hours mostly fishing along a submerged rock jetty, released several rock fish, retained 2 'blacks', and released a slightly undersize Ling, lost a larger Ling to a seal, even loaded up as a fishing platform, the i11s is fast, wind and tide/current have just a mild effect on it, and it is easy to move around on...I will soon be trying it in the ocean to see how it behaves in Oregon ocean conditions...cheers, roger

https://youtu.be/GaNQkRzi80I

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:15 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Right on Roger. I've had my i11s out fishing twice now. It's a fun boat, very comfortable, & I just love picking it up with one hand and putting it in the back of the pickup when I'm done.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:29 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Salty. wrote:
Right on Roger. I've had my i11s out fishing twice now. It's a fun boat, very comfortable, & I just love picking it up with one hand and putting it in the back of the pickup when I'm done.

exactly, I could not have launched where I did in the Oasis, but just needed to carry the i11s over some rocks to the sand, load up all the gear, and roll it to the water (I launched at low tide)...plus to get it into my small SUV, I just let the air out of the side chambers, then let just enough out of the center one to fold it in half (taking care to not fold the steering cable), and close the hatch...the hitch carrier (that supports my Oasis that I hang out the back to transport) helps when inflating the i11s.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:08 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Great report Roger. I'm sure liking what your doing with this i11. I also live here in Oregon and am starting to realize from all your post how awesome this would be for crabbing. I do a lot of guided kayak fishing trips, but a lot of people lately are wanting to kayak crab. This sure would be an easier way to take groups out crabbing. I made need to add a few i11's to the fleet. Thanks for posting!
-Michael

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk