Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:05 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:45 pm
Posts: 22
Wanting to put rectangular scotty flush mounts up front of the mesh holders for rod holders. Have read some post that the location of these mounts can be restrictive when pedaling. Anyone have experience using the scotty flush mounts?
Open for suggestions.

Thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:36 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:40 pm
Posts: 502
Scotty makes some nice rod holder extenders that will elevate your rod to prevent any peddling clearance issues....check out this link http://scotty.com/fishing-gear-equipmen ... enders.htm

This photo shows what I did on my 2010 Outback to provide clearance.....Image

_________________
Dr.SteelheadCatcher
Hood River, OR


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:23 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Admiral

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:45 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Here you go - I've fitted the #244 flush-mounts to three Revos, a Sport and now, an A.I.

It can be a bit fiddly to get some of the nuts on, but it's not too tricky.

This is how I did it:

http://www.akff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=36465

I use the Scotty 429 Gear Head Mount Extenders, along with the Powerloc rod-holders.

Here they are installed on my ex-Revo:

Image

Cheers,

Mike.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:52 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:45 pm
Posts: 22
Thinking not installing rod holders on front of Revo, have rear rod holders and rod holders on crate. Just lay rod horizontal when pedaling.

Anyone not install rod holders on front of their yak?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:12 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:25 pm
Posts: 85
Location: Jaco, Costa Rica
Aggie61 wrote:
Thinking not installing rod holders on front of Revo, have rear rod holders and rod holders on crate. Just lay rod horizontal when pedaling.

Anyone not install rod holders on front of their yak?


That's what I would do. Have done both. Prefer in back for trolling. Keep the area clean in front of you for landing fish, at least one side.

_________________
Mark
Adventure Island- 2014
Revolution 13- 2013


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:39 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:09 pm
Posts: 38
Mingle,

I like your handles. I have short arms and was wondering how you were able to bolt down the handle behind your seat. I can't reach this section regardless if I go through the center or stern hatches. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:55 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Admiral

Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:48 am
Posts: 192
Location: Portland, OR
mingle wrote:
Here you go - I've fitted the #244 flush-mounts to three Revos, a Sport and now, an A.I.

It can be a bit fiddly to get some of the nuts on, but it's not too tricky.

This is how I did it:

http://www.akff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=36465

I use the Scotty 429 Gear Head Mount Extenders, along with the Powerloc rod-holders.

Here they are installed on my ex-Revo:

Image

Cheers,

Mike.


I use that exact same setup on my Outback but I also have the slip disks between each set of geared teeth to make it easy to fine tune and adjust.

_________________
Fish tremble when they hear my name :)

A ship in harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are built for.
--John A. Shedd, Salt from My Attic, 1928


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:01 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Admiral

Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:45 pm
Posts: 224
Location: Melbourne, Australia
staktup wrote:
I like your handles. I have short arms and was wondering how you were able to bolt down the handle behind your seat. I can't reach this section regardless if I go through the center or stern hatches. Thanks!


My arms must be slightly longer than yours! I managed to reach in through the centre hatch (at the extreme extent of my arms!) to attach the nyloc nuts to the screws.

You might be able to do it if you use a socket and ratchet to hold the nut, which someone else screws it in from above. The extra handles made thing much easier to move the Revo around.

pdxfisher wrote:
I use that exact same setup on my Outback but I also have the slip disks between each set of geared teeth to make it easy to fine tune and adjust.

I'm curious - where did you get the 'slip-disks' for the Scottys?

Cheers,

Mike.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:14 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:09 pm
Posts: 38
Thanks Mike. I'll reach in with a socket and see if I am hitting that zone before drilling.

As far as the slip disks, try Hook1 or Austin Canoe & Kayak websites.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group