Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:56 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Any rigging suggestions or ideas for mounting a rod holder and Garmin GPS to a Revo 13. I know RAM and Scotty make a good product for mounts. Read one suggestion of mounting GPS on RAM mount inside cup holder. Was thinking of a Scotty rectangular ball mount on Rt side forward of the mesh holder. Is there a preference of Scotty mounts vs RAM mounts?

Any suggestions or pics would be aprreciated.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:35 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I've been searching for tips on this as well. I seem to like Ram Mount options better. Not sure the compromises between the Ram rod type holders as opposed to the Ram tube type holders. That and why the popularity with the gear trac style mounts, unless theres a need for hooking up a lot of stuff, which I don't need. I just want things fairly simple with a rod holder and FF mounted forward enough not to interfer with paddling (even though the wife and I have Revos) landing fish or re-entry.

I've just decided to go with the "Ram 301 RB Hob1." Haven't got them yet so can't give a "review."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:03 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=46304#p199100

May give some ideas

Cc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:15 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

For my Revo 13 & AI , I use the Railblaza starport in the cup holder with a Telepole and the Rotating platform with FF attached. For Rod holders I would build some PVC rod holders (angled out) that attach to the Hobie built in rod holders behind you, if you plan to troll with two rods at the same time. There are many examples online. Just remember, less is better, keep it simple and clean but functional for your needs.

http://www.railblaza.com/

8)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:38 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Would a scotty round flush mount installed in the cup holder of the Revo be an option? Ram ball mount in cup holder is good option as well. Just planning on attaching GPS not a rod holder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:51 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Search the forums for postings by Revo and Roadrunner... both have a bunch of great ideas.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:56 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Since I don't plan on trolling with rods up front, looking to install a ram mount 2-3 inches behind the lever that raises and lower the rudder, in the mesh compartment. This will keep the deck clean and allow me to attach a GPS that can be easily adjusted and easy access

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:04 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

If you mount a pair of tracks on the gunwales in front of the mesh pockets, it will give you a lot of flexibility for installing mounts for rod holders, fish finders and other equipment, both from one day to another, and from time to time during the day. I like Yak Attack 1.75 tracks. I also like Scotty equipment, but you can install a variety of kinds of mounts in the Yak Attack tracks.