Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: C-Tug for an Outback?
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:39 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I am seriously thinking about buying a C-Tug to use with my 2013 Outback. However, I read a review on ACK that the C-Tug did work at all with the Outback, that the pads don't sit flush on the hull. I am wondering if the reviewer was suffering from "operator error"? Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:33 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I had a 2010 Outback and ditched the Hobie cart in favor of the C-tug as it was a PITA to turn the Outback on the side to insert the cart.

I found the best location for the C-tug was under the front part/location, of the seat and I ran the straps between the side carrying handles located alongside/inside the hull.

Unless C-tug has improved the original strap-buckle design, I replaced the factory straps with a 1 1/2" wide NRS tie down strap.....it has a cam locking mechanism that is bullet proof and will not slip.
See http://www.kayakshed.com/nrs/1-5-wide-straps

The C-tug held my Outback and was well balanced......just open up the pads as wide as they will go....place the cart next to the Outback and lift/lay the Outback on to the C-tug.....align and insert straps under the inside cockpit carrying handles, pull to tighten the straps....ready to go.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:06 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for the feedback. There is an "aftermarket" kit to convert the C-Tug to use Wheeleez. I believe when broken down, the whole thing will fit inside the front hatch of the Outback. Now that I know the C-Tug will work, I may make the investment.

https://youtu.be/G_KSpHPjPAo