Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:42 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Raining this weekend so I might not be able to go out. So here how I plan to do it with my trailex with Hobie cradle.

Launching the yak
- before rolling down the trailer on the ramp, pull the yak and lift when crossing the rear cradle.
- attach your winch strap to the front handle and Strap the front handle to trailer frame.
- now you can begin backing down your trailer.

On return,
- lift the yak back to your trailer using the front handle but you need stop when the ducer is already sitting right before the rear cradle.
- secure the yak to your trailer like how I described it when launching.
- begin rolling your trailer to the nearest parking lot.
- now use the rear handle to push the yak and lift when ducer is crossing the rear cradle.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:53 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hobie's Lowrance Ready plate for TotalScan was unveiled at ICAST this past week. We've partnered up with Lowrance to create this magnificent upgrade part, giving you the most accurate TotalScan readings at nearly half the cost of competitors' product. Check out the link below to our blog post regarding the Lowrance Ready plate for TotalScan (no firm ETA - available sometime this fall, and will retail at $34.99).

http://www.hobiefishing.com/blog/hobie-introduces-lowrance-ready-totalscan-transducer-plate,564/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:23 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

The Hobie Lowrance® Ready TotalScan Transducer Plate is now out and available. Is there any update on how to use this on my Hobie Pro Angler 14 with the Hobie Cradle on my Trailex trailer?

The only seeming answer is to Dremel out the middle of the rear cradle and then craft some supports with PVC on my own. That's not a really desirable solution. It also makes the Hobie solution less desirable than the BerleyPro one since the BerleyPro gives protection for the TotalScan when I drag into really shallow water or the shore. The Hobie approach seems to give only a little forward protection for that. This is a problem since the TotalScan Transducer costs $299 to replace.

I'd feel more comfortable using all Hobie parts, and not taking a saw to my $235 Hobie cradle.

Is anything expected to come out that will address this?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:33 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Any experience with this mount with a Raymarine transducer? I wanted to go with Lowrance, but got a deal I couldn't pass up on the Dragonfly

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:14 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

MoshePotomac wrote:
The Hobie Lowrance® Ready TotalScan Transducer Plate is now out and available. Is there any update on how to use this on my Hobie Pro Angler 14 with the Hobie Cradle on my Trailex trailer?

The only seeming answer is to Dremel out the middle of the rear cradle and then craft some supports with PVC on my own. That's not a really desirable solution. It also makes the Hobie solution less desirable than the BerleyPro one since the BerleyPro gives protection for the TotalScan when I drag into really shallow water or the shore. The Hobie approach seems to give only a little forward protection for that. This is a problem since the TotalScan Transducer costs $299 to replace.

I'd feel more comfortable using all Hobie parts, and not taking a saw to my $235 Hobie cradle.

Is anything expected to come out that will address this?

No modifications planned for the cradle....slide the boat on up to the nose scoop of the transducer plate, then lift the stern and push forward so the TotalScan can clear the cradle. Or side load with a buddy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:17 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

deptrai wrote:
Any experience with this mount with a Raymarine transducer? I wanted to go with Lowrance, but got a deal I couldn't pass up on the Dragonfly

We've seen some people modify the standard Lowrance ready plate for this transducer, but I believe BerleyPro offers a mount that's plug-and-play with our Lowrance Ready feature if you're trying to avoid a DIY project.