Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:40 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The weather projections for our first Forgotten Coast Kayak Angler (FCKA) club tournament early this morning did not sound too promising (low of 26 degrees!). But we still had an excellent turnout of 11 kayak fishermen at the TnT Hideaway Tournament HQ at the junction of Highway 98 and the Lower Bridge over the Wakulla River, just south of Tallahassee, FL. Fortunately, the air temperature warmed up nicely, so the first fishermen on the water were quickly shedding layers as the morning wore on. Here are a few pics of the festivities.

Here is the first group of fishermen returning up the Wakulla River from the direction of the coast. The River has its headwaters in the great Wakulla Springs, one of the largest FW springs in the world.

A few of the contest participants and their yaks, caught returning to the TnT Hideaway, a well-known kayak and canoe rental and sale emporium right on the river. This pic is of Rob with his new Heritage Fisherman, the manager of TnT, one of three kayak dealers who participated in the tournament.

Next, we have Rick, one of the co-owners of the Wilderness Way, a major Hobie dealer in Tallahassee and North Florida, with his new Hobie Mirage Revolution.

Here also is Brad, owner of Sunjammers, a major Hobie kayak dealer in the Panama City area of N. Florida with his newly rigged Hobie Mirage Revolution.

Lots of new fishing adaptations for kayaks being developed at present. This, for example, shows the new hatch arrangement with the built-in (but removable) tackle tray on Brad’s Hobie Mirage Revolution.

There has been a good deal of discussion on different online forums recently in which folks have been asking about the “bestâ€

Post subject: Fish or paddle?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:15 am 
Site Admin

What I love about this picture...

2 paddle kayaks and one Mirage. This pretty much sums it up. Only one of the guys is fishing. I know they are just heading in... but still. :)

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:45 am 
Authorized Hobie Dealer

Location: 315 N. Hwy 79 Panama City Beach, FL 32413 850-235-2281
thats how it always is, they paddle I fish. I tend to get most of my bits while trolling, if i was having to paddle i would pass over the fish 90% of the time!

http://www.sunjammers.com
www.facebook.com/sunjammers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:19 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Yep--good eye, Matt--the only one fishing is Brad who is pedaling, and as indicated, is one of your dealers! ! :D