Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:48 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

After installing a fish finder on my revo 3 weeks ago, I finally had a chance to get the 'yak wet and see if I installed everything correctly.
So far, so good! Now time to scout out some deep holes and structure I didn't know about before...

Got the skunk off almost right away with a nice 16" flattie who chose to dine on a Gulp! silver mullet pattern pogy drifted on a dropshot rig:

Caught and released another tater chip sized flounder on a Strike King Zulu bait (white/red) on a chartreuse jig. Also caught an undersized trout, but didn't bother to photograph him. The trout went for a Gulp! watermelon jerk shad. A couple of minutes later, the drag on the dropshot rig began to sing. Look who decided to snack on a gray Gulp! shrimp:

I haven't caught a red in so long, I almost forgot what they looked like. He was just under 18", but he rounded out my undersized mini slam just fine.

Post subject: Nice fish!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:13 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

It looks like you have the PiranhaMax 220. According to the fish pix it performed quite well, how was the install and are you happy with the clarity etc. from the unit itself? I'm thinking about getting the same unit as a happy b-day to me gift. :D