Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:36 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Just moved to our new home on the Coosa River in Alabama. The wife and I have bicycled for years and eventually bought a Tandem bike so we could enjoy that sport together. I tend to get stronger and faster - one thing about the tandem is whenever I looked back she was still there!

I've talked with one sales rep - seemed knowledgeable - and he said if you will often use the yak alone, don't do the tandem. A tandem bike can be ridden alone also but it's not fun so I sort of understand. I'm leaning against the idea of the tandem unless someone contradicts and tells me that there's not a lot of downside to a tandem with single pedaler.

So I'm leaning toward the Outback, (or Adventurer???), but still want to be able to enjoy the sport with my wife. If I get two Outbacks, we're probably back to where I'll be waiting on her a lot of the time although I wonder if it's possible to give a tow assist to a slower yak ove a calm river and a few miles? Would that work?

I have a boat hoist platform so water entry should be pretty easy. Is the Outback stable enough to step into from a dock? These are a lot of newbie questions, I know.

Help appreciated.

Post subject: Apology
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Posted to wrong forum - Sorry