Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chokoloskee weekend
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:01 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Got in to Choko Friday evening and started meeting all the folks there. We spent some time talking to the Wolf Pack club and listening to their fishing reports from their week long stay.
We started the morning at around 0700 and a very low tide. I worked the oyster beds in my Hobie Revo just outside of the launch and was surprised to find no fish there. I followed a group out into Chokoloskee bay and started working some oyster beds there. There were plenty of fish around but they were being very choosy. I managed a very small red and decided to move on. As water rushed in from the tide, I began working the mangroves. I finally started getting the redfish and a few small trout.
I worked the same area for about an hour and boated three redfish and let several more off the hook at the boat. I caught them all on Gulp shrimp in moving water at the mangrove edge. They pulled like much bigger fish and I was amazed as they turned my Revo 13 around and they never seemed to tire. I was off the water by noon thirty and had a pretty good day. The day wrapped up with a pot luck dinner and some unreal giveaways. Redfish Chuck really came through with some great raffle prizes. The next day was a weak front that brought up to 20 knot winds, so I stayed in and fished the docks. I got a snook early on and there was lots action seen by everyone.
As several folks paddled out that morning to brave the wind, there was a little surprise waiting for them. The Park Ranger was sitting just off the launch checking boats and kayaks as they went out. I didn't see anybody turned back, so all must have went well.
That evening ended with a low country boil and hanging out with some friends sharing fishing stories. It was a great weekend with some great people.

Post subject: Re: Chokoloskee weekend
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:12 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Nice Pics and thanks for the report. I wish I was closer to florida!!

http://www.thehobielife.blogspot.com

AFTCO, Kanan Lures, Astral Buoyancy and Alltackle.com Pro Staff
2012 Yellow Pro Angler 12 and 2014 Pro Angler 12

Post subject: Re: Chokoloskee weekend
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:20 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

CB Kayak 02 wrote:
Nice Pics and thanks for the report. I wish I was closer to florida!!

Anytime you come this way, don't hesitate to get in touch!