Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:33 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I sail a kayak but it's not a Hobie much as I love the Islanders. My winter time project is making a rope ladder I can use to leave the kayak and step down into the water with and the same token, climb back in. I keep my mask and fins and snorkel under my rear bungees on the rear deck and this ladder would allow me to beach independent for some good snorkeling. That's my plan - its easy enough and when it's not in use it'd wrap neatly around the aka! A decent anchor here is needed of course.

With a trimaran configuration exit and entry neednt be an uncomfortable monohull affaire. Some lead sinkers at the ladders end would hold it down. Some Velcro strap would keep it snugly wrapped.

Glad if I contributed and thanks for the agreement.

Pete

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:25 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Ranger1 wrote:
Hobie two piece paddles are not to be trusted sadly.... :( I would not trust my life to them... Go and by something substantial... a Lendal or Werner or some other very reputable brand. I did however hear that a Werner once broke in this same approach at self rescue....Which is why YOU CARRY A SPARE PADDLE! and why many states have that as a minimum equipment requirement.... Canoe two persons two paddles and one additional spare...

Or if you are hobieing it perhaps an evolve or a mirage drive rather than another paddle?