Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:00 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I got my new sail for my i12 and couldn't wait to see. I pulled it from the bag and didn't notice how it was origianally packed.

How do you repack it? It seems like you have to fold it and then roll it. That would put a crease in the sail that doesn't seem right.

The sail instructions don't cover it.

Help.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:52 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I would like to know this too

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:30 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have the sail kit for the revolution which I am assuming is the same sail kit for your i12.

The sail folds in half and rolls around the two part mast. You will notice a crease in the middle of the sail and that is ok. The crease does not damage the sail nor diminish its operation. Just fold the sail in half and place the two part mast along the mast pocket and roll it up and stuff it in the bag. Use the main sheet line to wrap around the sail and loop into the hook on the sail (make sure the lashing hook is rolled to the outside). Thats it :wink: .

Revo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:24 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Anyone figure out a way to roll up the sail without crinkling the clear part? Sometimes that leaves a little line that never goes away.

Not a big deal to me, but other occupants of the boat have complained...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:25 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Folding the sail in half top to bottom makes the sail the length needed to fit in the bag and does not crease the window area. Simply fold the mast sleeve in half then roll the sail around the mast. The mast is loose inside the sail so be careful it does not slide out while putting it in the bag. Best to slide the bag onto the sail than the sail into the bag. I have never creased my window putting my sail away.

Revo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:48 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Yep works great. :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:09 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

There is a semi-stiff plastic core/shaft (batten) in the top half of the sail to increase it's rigidity. When you fold the sail in half, orient the top half so when you roll the sail the batten lies flat along the direction of the roll instead of forcing it into a flex.