Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:05 am 
Hobie Approved Guru

Jcanracer wrote:
Well you have my attention! Especially since I was considering upgrading the Revo11 to a Revo13 this year, AND I am interested in the best sailing experience without the sidekicks.
Here's what's left of an old post about sailing the Revo 13 first came out. Unfortunately most of the pics have been removed by the host, but you can use your imagination. It goes into a little more detail about the sheeting angle and how it can be improved with the Adventure (later in the topic). For the Adventure I finally mounted a new padeye at the rear of the cargo well for the sheet and it works well (perhaps that's a little off topic though). 8)
viewtopic.php?p=20842#20842

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:32 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

good reading, pity about those pictures though.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:32 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Roadrunner wrote:
Jcanracer wrote:
Well you have my attention! Especially since I was considering upgrading the Revo11 to a Revo13 this year, AND I am interested in the best sailing experience without the sidekicks.
Here's what's left of an old post about sailing the Revo 13 first came out. Unfortunately most of the pics have been removed by the host, but you can use your imagination. It goes into a little more detail about the sheeting angle and how it can be improved with the Adventure (later in the topic). For the Adventure I finally mounted a new padeye at the rear of the cargo well for the sheet and it works well (perhaps that's a little off topic though). 8)
viewtopic.php?p=20842#20842

Windpaddle Sailing
I started sailing with a Adventure but after a while I only sailed infrequently (the time to set up rigging was a factor). The last few years I have used the Windpaddle and love it. I peddle into the wind with the Windpaddle neatly fasten to the deck and when I turn around and run with the wind it is the type of sailing that suits me fine.