Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tramp pulling out
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:38 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I am having problems with the aft corners of the tramp pulling out of the track. It is a 1995 model h20. Does anybody know of a way to prevent this? Tucker

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:08 pm 
To prevent this you have to take a couple of steps. First, remove the trampoline. OK, this part is easy, but putting it back in kind of sucks. Pad the track with something, wood, paper, something and use a few visegrip type plyers to squish the track grove smaller. Before reinstalling the tramp, intall four corner gromets near the edge of the bolt rope at each corner of the rope slide portion. Then re-install the tramp. Pull snug, then drill a small hole next to each forward gromet in the aluminum track. This hole should be just big enough to place the pin of a small shackle in (use the bell portion of the shackle as a guide, pin and ring type only). Place the bell of the shackle in the gromet and secure the tramp to the track(ring side down to avoid snagging). Now tighten the tramp and drill the same hole at each rear corner. Secure the shackle and you should be good to go. If the tramp pulls out again, it will be limited by the shackle. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:28 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

This boat's previous owner has done this before, but the top portion of the track on each side has broken out where the shackle pin goes through the track. Could the track be replaced by drilling out the rivets and just riveting on a new track? Thanks for the reply.

Tucker

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:52 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

hobie sells a plastic piece that slips into the track under the tramp. this is a comin problem.so the kit is not expensive at all. I think I payed $10.00 for a bag with 10 in it.I put a new tramp on my 95 and it did the same thing.