Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:22 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

The "Classic" is next weekend in South Bay, San Diego bay. So far we've got lots of 16As pre-reg'd for the event, but I'm wondering where the Tigers are??? To get more info (NOR) for the event click here...http://www.hobiedivision2.com/NOR/SD2009.pdf for an entry form click here...http://www.hobiedivision2.com/entry/SD2009entry.pdf

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:16 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Rick
Sorry to say but I bielieve that most Tigers are doing the Ditch Run in the F-18 fleet. 8 Tigers registered, alond with 3 other f-18's. I know 5 of the div 3 Tigers are there, and a couple from south and north. But 67.5 miles down wind in the Delta is so tempting.

http://www.sailblogs.com/member/f-185150sailing/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:32 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Rich is right. Many of us will be on the Delta running fast and loose.

I talked with Scott Miller to find out if he was coming up. He is not. When I asked if he was doing the Classic he was not sure. He was going to contact some of the strewn Tigers left in the SD area and see if they were planning on attending. I cannot imagine more than about 3 though.

I was caught off guard with the Classic. I was thinking it was Father's Day weekend as it used to be. I really liked it on that weekend. One because my Dad live in SD and the other was that it seems nothing much is planned that weekend.

If this Ditch Run is a success for the F18s it will be really hard to get Tigers at any other event during the same time. Also would hard to go back to back so try not to schedule 1 week away from it. We will see soon.

Later,
Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:56 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Sounds like a lazymans race...downwind - forever. 67 miles, wow! kinda sounds like fun. I remember racing my 18 in the Police Olympics when they raced out of the Stockton YC. Biggest problem we encountered was the Russian freighters bringing out loads of potatoes thru the narrow channel. ("Bigger boat right-of-way"). So, we'll be missing you at the Classic, but I do expect to see you at Lake Havasu in November...right Dan?