Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tiger tramp removal
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:08 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to remove a Tiger tramp? It's the kind that slides into the hull.

I have it slid on and it was all we could do to get it on. I realized in retrospect that we were putting soap only on the top side and not the underside.

One person suggested undoing the crossbeam bolts on one side of the hull and releasing the hull . This idea seems like a bad one however...

Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:11 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Why are you taking the trampoline off?

The reason I ask is that there may be better things to consider.

If you are travelling with it and you have to disassemble the boat anyway then taking off a hull is a good idea. That is, if you have to stack 4 boats on the same trailer and yours is one that will have to come apart.

If you need to take it off just to put on a grommet, then think about doing this while the trampoline is on the boat. I have done it many times. It just takes someone underneath the boat with a big hammer, for backing, and the other part of the grommet tool.

If the above does not work for you then the best way is with two people one on each side at the track. I would put a piece of thick line, for the hands, on the very front grommet of the tramp. Then you will have to coordinate the timing to try to slide it evenly forward. If soap does not work try dry silicone spray. I buy the stuff from the lubricant area of the boat store. There is McLube for sails that will work but is more expensive.

If you are trying this alone you will only be able to get about 1 to 2 inches before going to the other side. If it gets crossed up too much you may have to pull it back slightly.

Another option, is that you could tie a couple of small blocks to the front crossbar right at the track then run lines to the back of the boat. Then try to pull both rather evenly while using your foot on the rear crossbar for leverage.

hope this helps,
Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:11 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks Dan

The reason for it's removal is that I saw the tramp bag and guessed it to be on top so I installed it upside down.
:roll:

Then I noticed the leg straps :? .

Anyways, I appreciate the info