Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Are there any Wildcats racing in Aus yet?? F18 fleet is starting to build in Western Australia and I'd dearly love to stay on a Hobie. But with only a handful of Tigers over here I'm keen to know how strong the Wildcats will be - on the market for around 2 years now and I'm not sure there's one sold in Australia.

Any ideas??

Gav

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:51 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hi Gavin.

Wildcats are stock and sold in Australia. I suggest that you contact Steve Fields at Hobie Cat Australasia PL (you have his email address).

I do know that the very 1st Hobie Wildcat Nationals Titles will be held in NSW at the Vincentia Sailing Club. Details can be found here: http://hobiecatnationals.com.au/event_details/nor.html

We do not keep records of what Australia sells, contact Steve.

See you on the water soon, in your new Hobie Wildcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:35 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks Greg

I've had discussions with Steve and hopefully we can get a deal done. 180+ boats at the F18 worlds and the Wildcat performing as well as it does puts it at the top of our list. Perth's an interesting place regarding cat sailing - exceptional H16 sailors (Gav Colby, Cam Owen etc - Steve was awesome over here too in the 90's) and a very large fleet. 30+ H16's each week club racing. It's too windy for A-class but F18's will take off - they're too much fun and the young sailors coming through love them.

As I mentioned to Steve - if Hobie can get some some more boats over here then they'll become the "go to" boat for the F18 fleet. A lot of the sailors will come through from H16 and want to stay with Hobie - IMHO I'd think it makes sense to embrace F18 sailing and promote pretty hard over here.