Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wildcat Tramp Problems
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:26 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Anyone else out there having issues with the heat welded seams on their WC tramps...especially at the tramp pockets and underside orange knife pouch?

Just curious...is it just mine or a trend?

JB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:49 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The underside orange pocket for a knife pretty much is useless - and falls off - not welded its glued or something and stitched in the corners - we removed ours after it started falling off. The tramps are very well made and hold up great with the exception of the underside knife pocket :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:05 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

JB...
I cut my knife pocket off just before nationals...it was falling off anyway. But what about the tramp pockets? Are they glued or heat welded? The seams on mine have already separated. I'm taking to a local sailmaker to have the seams re-inforced and sewn together with a web backing.
The Other JB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:14 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The pockets 'should' be welded - but maybe they have changed something? (our demo is from 2010) We had some damage to our tramp the first week we sailed the boat (I put a knife through it while rigging something) needless to say we took it off the boat and gave it to Glaser Sailing to repair - they patched it and used some black vinyl to make a repair... we also had our mast rotation grommets reinforced at the same time because they were pulling out from the stresses. Europe upgraded their grommets on the next batch of boats we received from our feedback - now they use a different setup and they seem to be working well - we haven't had any warranties on tramps in over 2 years