Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WARNING!!! He's Baaack
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:52 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

A couple of weeks ago this guy was selling the same Hobie Tiger on Ebay under a different name, account, although the location he claims is the same. Troy, Idaho. Which looks to be a small town just over the Washington State border.
If you search for Sellers Other Auctions, this guy has over 25 boats and trailers for sale!
I've alerted Ebay, but just wanted to warn the Hobie community directly.

He was ready to part with the Hobie Tiger for $2900. :shock: He also states that this would be handled through Ebay. You must wire him the money through Western Union. This is NOT recommended by Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-Hobie-Tiger-Catamaran-Sailboat-with-Trailer_W0QQitemZ120044856396QQihZ002QQcategoryZ105443QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's his reply from the last time he tryed to sell this boat
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2006 4:07 PM
To: Atchley, Donald C
Subject: Re: Hobie Tiger (Ebay)

Hi,

The price is $2,900 US dollars(I can afford to sell it at this price because I've buy it for a lowest price from a bankrupt company). I am from Troy, Idaho. We will do this deal under eBay and our transaction will be supervised by eBay Security Center and eBay Safe harbor team. You will send the money to eBay representing using Western Union and after you will receive and inspect it, you must contact eBay to give me the money (If you are satisfied).If you don't want it after inspection, just contact eBay and cancel our deal and you will receive your money back. It's easy and safe. If you want to buy it please let me know and let's start our transaction.

Thank You

Thomas

Here's a quote directly from the EBay site.
Not permitted on eBay.com: Sellers may not solicit buyers to mail cash. Sellers may not ask buyers to send cash through instant cash transfer services (non-bank, point-to-point cash transfers) such as Western Union or Moneygram. Sellers may not solicit payment through "topping off" of a seller's pre-paid credit or debit card. Finally, sellers may not request payment through online payment methods not specifically permitted in this policy. Please see the "Some Examples" section of this policy for those evaluated payment services not permitted in the eBay marketplace.