Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TIGER V.S NACRA F 18
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:33 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I don't want to start :evil: WW III :evil: but I am sure that there are several Tiger owners who know the difference (I was told this is direct competitor)as far as price, performance, durability, service and parts. Please give me as much info as possible. I do not own any of them but I am thinking about getting one when my kids get older.
Thank you for any tips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:42 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Cezar

Here is a link to cat sailor talking about the different F18's. Better get some popcorn before you start reading. I have also sailed a Tiger, Nacra F18, Nacra Infusion and Capricorn and all the boats have there strong and weak points in different conditions. It is like Ford vs Chevy vs Doge which one has the layout, colors, options, dealer support, price that works best for you.

Link http://www.catsailor.com/forums/showfla ... art=1&vc=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

The boats are F18... that means they will be close in performance due to the design nature. They are supposed to be similar.

But...

Quote:
service and parts

No a chance in H--- that they have comparable service or parts availability!

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:27 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

arievd wrote:
I am not a Tiger sailor, but noticed that the Tigers cleaned up at Eurocat in a field of 125 F18's....see results below! It probably also helped to have sailors like Bundock/Ashby and Mischa Heemskerk holding the tiller! :D

Long distance race (May 2nd):
1. Heemskerk/Tentij (Hobie Cat)
2. Bundock/Ashby (Hobie Cat)
3. Mourniac/Citeau (Hobie Cat)
4. Vaireaux/Petit (Hobie Cat)
5. Booth/Nieuwenhuis (Hobie Cat)

Overall standings of bouys regatta (May 1 and 3):
1. Bundock/Ashby (Hobie Cat)
2. Heemskerk/Tentij (Hobie Cat)
3. Besson/Jarlegan (Nacra)
4. Mourniac/Citeau (Hobie Cat)
5. Booth/Nieuwenhuis (Hobie Cat)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:01 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I will have to say that for the most part I have been very impressed with the parts and service aspect of Hobie. When I have called Hobiecat NW or Jeremy at SCC my parts are in my hands within 2 days.

This is a much different experice from NACRA who took my money, scheduled delivery and then sat on my parts for 10 days + 3 days shipping (missing my event). They then billed me $10.00 for drop shipping (without notice) for their awesome service.

Hobie Thumbs up - NACRA Thumbs down

Performance - in the PNW the results have been split results with a Tiger, Infusion and NACRA F18 all on the podium in the last 2 months.

Fleet - in the PNW Tiger fleet has added 5 new boats in 3 months and possibly will add 2 more in Seattle before NAs. Everything I am hearing is that every Tiger that is hitting US shores is sold, so I think this is good for resale value and fleet strength.

My one gripe is with getting some additional Tiger stuff from overseas - I will say to Hobie with regard to Parts/Tiger Cradles - come on guys 3+ months now my new boat has been without my beach wheels and the 5+ different hobie dealers around the US I have called tell me it is a stocking issue with Hobie??? Can we get these on a faster boat from Europe??? $18,000 new boat getting marked up and dented without the proper cradles sucks...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:27 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hobie Co should be able to get parts faster from Europe. Most of the machine parts I buy come in by boat within one month. I have a piece of equipment comming in, 9 days port to port for $2.5M of equipment.

Just don't try to get anything out of Europe in August. There all on "Holiday"

1987 Hobie Holder 20 #273

dale.vanlopik"at"att"dot"net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:22 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

DHFiend wrote:
My one gripe is with getting some additional Tiger stuff from overseas - I will say to Hobie with regard to Parts/Tiger Cradles - come on guys 3+ months now my new boat has been without my beach wheels and the 5+ different hobie dealers around the US I have called tell me it is a stocking issue with Hobie??? Can we get these on a faster boat from Europe??? $18,000 new boat getting marked up and dented without the proper cradles sucks...

Part #1624 Cradles have shipped. Not sure who your dealer is...but please let us know if you still haven't received your parts.