Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:23 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks to every one who came out Saturday. We all had fun and I learned a lot about getting something going in the summer time. It is to plan these types of event when families are not as busy. I was happy to see those that came out for Saturday. Families are so busy this time of year it is hard to commit.

It was great to see Will and Miguel cruising around on the H16, a capsize and a crash included. The little girls on the Waves all had a great time and are looking forward the next time that they can get out. Hannah and her friends were in the social mode as much as sailing, so needless to say they had fun. Dan was driving that Wave like a pro.

Oktoberfest promises to be a good event. It will be at SSP and I believe that CYC is running it. We will hopefully seeing the group from Comox coming down for this event on September 27th and 28th. The Comox folks will be bringing Waves and Bravos. Here at SSP we will need to get kids to sail the Waves and H16s that are at SSP. If there were to be some Bravos we can put them on the water with the Comox boats.

Mark Sele and Miles Moore were planning to have another fun sail at Potholes reservoir in October. Do you guys have an update for us on that? The kids from here really enjoyed that trip in April. I think going when the water is warm will add to the event. The Le Mans starts for the Waves off of the beach were great to watch. Let us know which weekend so we can plan for it.

It was fun, lets keep it going.
Mike Hensel